I’m a total nerd for end of year rituals, and with 2018 coming to a close, I figured now is the perfect time to share one of my favorites with you. Allowing yourself the time and space for these kind of practices is a great way to close one chapter and usher in a new one. One of my favorite ways to end the year is through reflection and release.
First, take some time for reflection:
- – What were your original intentions for this year? (I prefer intentions over resolutions, which have a connotation of rules and failure).
- – How did you follow through on your intentions?
- – What turned out to be a major theme of the year for you?
- – What are some of the most impactful experiences that you had?
- – What do you wish you would have done, or done better?
- – What are the biggest lessons you learned?
Then it’s time to move into release:
- – What is no longer serving you?
- – What are you ready to let go of?
- – Are there any relationships that you need to cut the cord on? (If so, take some time to do a cord cutting ritual. Infuse some forgiveness into it, and then bless and release that person from your life and energy.)
I don’t really follow any rules when I do my end of year reflection and release – I do the practices in the way that I’m called to and that feel best to me. Perhaps you want to journal, or write a release letter and then burn it. Feel into your intention behind this practice and follow through in the way that feels most aligned with that.
This is such a powerful way to complete 2018 and start 2019 with a fresh slate and lots of excitement for what’s to come.