By now you probably know my story, about how I struggled with binge eating and hating my body for years. It wasn’t until I realized that fad diets were a load of surface-level BS and that I needed to go waaaay deeper to heal myself that I finally started to recover. You know that meditation was one of the ways I overcame my struggle, but so was breathwork. In fact, to this day, it is still the most healing modality I have ever experienced, which is why I wanna make it mainstream and teach the world to breathe, feel, and thrive 🙂
Your breath can help you connect mind and body, head and heart. It’s literally the fastest way to ground yourself and connect to your body and the present moment, which is a game changer when it comes to overcoming disordered eating (cause “binge eating autopilot” anyone?!).
We’ve been so conditioned to avoid pain at all costs, even the “good” kind of pain that is there to help us grow and transform. We are legit pros at suppressing our emotionality and feelings. But when you constantly avoid your triggers and pain, you can’t heal the underlying issues that cause you pain in the first place. This is why you’ll turn to things like food or alcohol to “feel better instantly,” though fleetingly, again and again.
Breathwork can help you unclog the emotionality and trauma that has blocked you from real healing and transformation for so long. There are actually a ton of benefits when it comes to breathwork, here are a few:
- – Immediate stress reduction and anxiety relief.
- – Aids in connecting you with your emotions and changes your response to them.
- – Revitalizes your organs.
- – Gives you access to your higher power.
- – Reduces toxins in your body and provides an energetic release.
- – Provides more energy and mental clarity.
- – Deepens your relationship to your body.
- – Releases trauma that has been stuck in your system for years.
- – Allows you to address your emotionality in the moment.
I encourage you to try breathwork for yourself! I even made it super easy for you by creating a free breathwork audio (cause I’m cool like that 😉 You can get it here.